A range of continuous line/pantograph patterns are available. We also offer meandering and stippling on your quilts.
Perhaps you would like to hand quilt but need help in basting your quilt. This service is available. Custom quilting is available as well.
All Sizes are welcome right up to King Size!
The following price list will give you a guide only on the costs involved in quilting your top. This is dependant on the pattern chosen and/or the amount of custom quilting required. We prefer to discuss your requirements with you and provide a written quote, if required, on the quilting of your top.
& Edge to Edge Quilting
|from $3.00 sq ft or part thereof|
|Basting||$1.50 sq ft
Plus $10 Setup Fee
|Meandering/Stippling||from $3.50 sq ft (depending on density)|
|Custom Quilting||from $8 sq ft of part thereof|
|Heavy Custom Quilting||from $10 sq ft or part thereof|
There is a minimum charge of $50 on all machine quilting. The cost of wadding is an extra to this – should you need us to supply it.
All our Waddings are 240cm wide.
|Matilda’s 60% Wool/40% Poly||$19 metre|
|Matilda’s Cotton||$19 metre|
|Matilda’s Poly (100% Poly)||$14 metre|
|Attach Binding by Machine1||$4 metre|
|Slip Stitch in place by Hand||$10 metre|
1 You supply the fabric for binding and we will make up and attach to the quilt ready for hand stitching.
Achieving the best results
There are a few things that will assist in allowing me to get very best result for your quilt.
- All quilt tops should be perfectly flat with no ruffled borders and have well pressed seams.
- Flat borders can be achieved by measuring through the quilt top, bottom and middle and cutting the border accordingly and stitching on carefully.
- Pieced seams should be stay stitched to prevent stretching when put on the machine.
- Pressed seams are important and assist in making your quilt sit flat and straight. Do this as you sew and then again when you are finished.
- All quilt tops should have threads clipped.
- All backings should be pieced to the correct size, and have seams pressed open with selvedges removed.
- The backings and wadding should be supplied 4″ larger (minimum) all around the quilt top. i.e. Quilt top is 60″ square then the backing and wadding should be 68″ square.
- The backing should have the edges squared!
Any alterations to the quilt top, wadding or backing, to enable them to be worked with, will incur an additional cost.